Why Book a Live Band For Your Christmas Party ?
As we approach Christmas, the diary is starting to fill up with Christmas Party bookings. Some are staff parties and some are client parties, but…
Why should you hire a live band to play at your Christmas Party?
The Staff Christmas Party
Here is a typical scenario.
You’ve been working with the same people all year. What is there left to talk about? There will be food to eat and drinks to be drunk, but what then? Do you really want to be standing around talking about work at your Christmas Party? And do you really think that lame DJ is going to make you want to dance in front of your professional peers?
How A Live Band Will Make A Difference
- A live band is a spectacle. If they are at half decent, they will be entertaining so at least you will be able to sit/stand and watch them perform.
- A live band creates an energy and atmosphere that is unique. Energy is an intangible thing, but a live band will create far more than a DJ.
- A quality singer/frontman(or woman) will inspire you to become involved with the music (and… maybe even dance)!
The Client Christmas Party
Nothing adds sophistication to your event better than a quality live band. Your clients will get asked the following day, “So, how was the Christmas Party”? The response will be, “They had this really cool band”!
The important things are;
- Finding a live band that doesn’t play too loud
- Finding a live band with an engaging singer/front-person who will intrigue your guests, but without being a distraction
- Getting a band that will create a point of interest and create conversational opportunities
“If It Ain’t Broke, Don’t Fix It”
The common mistake Christmas Party organisers make each year is that they think;
- It has to be completely different to last year
- It has to be themed
- A DJ is cheap and will leave more money for alcohol and food
We play at many Christmas Parties each year and we frequently get told that we “made” the party, or “it was the best Christmas Party EVER”!
Sadly, when I asked if they want to book us again for next year’s Christmas Party, I usually get told, “we’d love to but, we have to do something different”.
Finally, here’s a list of themes we have successfully adapted to;
- 1920’s/Great Gatsby
- Casino Royale/James Bond
- 1950’s/Early Rock’n’Roll
- 1960’s/Swingin’ 60’s
- Beach Theme/Beach Party
- Colours, for example, “White” Party, or “Red & Black” Party
Call (or text) now and check availabilities for this year’s Christmas Party
Send me an email – email@example.com