Wedding Planning – 3 Things That Make A Wedding Successful
3 Things That Make A Wedding Reception Successful
When planning a Wedding Reception, a few things are essential, and many things are superfluous.
Appeal To The Five Senses
Most of us are blesses with having five senses that stimulate our brains.
Planning a wedding reception is as simple as honing in on appealing to those five senses.
You will keep your costs down if you can appeal to these five senses as concisely as possible.
All of these five senses can be completely satiated with three simple elements that make for an outstanding and truly memorable wedding reception.
Food and drink
Obviously, a venue is essential. Even if you get married and then celebrate at your local park, then that’s your venue.
A venue is essential, yet it only appeals to one of your senses, your sense of sight.
Our eyes probably have more impact on your brain than the other four senses, but it is only one of your senses.
To get maximum impact on your sense of sight, picking a venue with a great outlook is a simple solution. In Sydney, venues with water views are abundant. The bonus with Sydney is that you have a choice of the harbour and the ocean.
The bonus of picking a venue with a great outlook is that you need not worry about theming, as the job is already done for you.
Venues on the harbour that come straight to mind are (but in no particular order) are;
- Sergeants Mess (Chowder Bay) – http://www.sergeantsmess.com.au/
- Athol Hall (Mosman) – http://www.atholhall.com.au/
- Gunners Barracks (Georges Heights) – http://www.gunnersbarracks.com.au/
- Dunbar House (Watsons Bay) – http://www.dunbarhouse.com.au/
- Deckhouse (Woolwich) – http://deckhouse.com.au/
- View By Sydney (Dawes Point) – http://viewbysydney.com.au/
- Catalina (Rose Bay) – http://catalinarosebay.com.au/
- Zest at The Spit (The Spit) – http://zest.net.au/
- Royal Motor Yacht Club (Point Piper) – http://zest.net.au/
- Cala Luna (The Spit) – http://calaluna.net.au/
Venues that come to mind overlooking the ocean (but in no particular order) are:
- Moby’s (Whale Beach) – http://www.mobydicks.com.au/#about
- Pilu (Freshwater Beach) – http://www.pilu.com.au/
- Summersalt (Elloura Beach) – http://www.summersalt.com.au/
- The Boathouse (Shelley Beach) – http://www.theboathousesb.com.au/#about
- Clovelly Bowling Club (Clovelly) – http://www.clovellybowlingclub.com.au/#!functions/cee5
If you find ocean views appealing, there are also a host of surf clubs that all have rooms for hire.
Food and Drinks
Food and drinks will satiate the senses of taste and smell. Most venues will do a great job with regards to this.
If your plan of hiring caterers, I can recommend the following;
- European Catering – http://www.europeancatering.com.au/
- Belinda Franks – http://www.belindafranks.com.au/
- Helen’s Catering – http://www.helenscatering.com.au/
- Katering – http://www.katering.com.au/
Hiring a great live band is commonly overlooked, due to costs. Typically, people will allow 5% of their budget towards music. If you consider that a live band will gratify three out of the five senses, then this makes no sense at all.
- Sense of Sound – Music sets the mood, and can be achieved with a band, a DJ or an ipod.
- Sense of Sight – A quality live band will appeal to the eyes as well as to the ears. This is the part that gets overlooked. You listen to and watch a band. The brain is being stimulated by the eyes as well as the brain.
- Sense of Touch – Once guests start dancing, their bodies are moving and their sense of touch is being stimulated.
Therefore… if you hire a band that are entertaining to watch and are well practiced at getting people dancing, they will be just as (and possibly more) memorable than any other aspect of your wedding reception.